[Thinkpad] Which Lenovo Computers, if any, Use the 1.8" Hard Drive besides the X-40 and X-41

Haudy Kazemi kaze0010 at umn.edu
Tue Jun 24 06:27:52 CDT 2008

Well, if one follows the list archive link it mentions a PDF hardware
maintenance manual as having this info.  The PDF link was broken, but I
re-found it here:
http://cskb.lenovo.com:81/data/2007-08-02/28072/ThinkPad%20X60,%20X60s,%20X61,%20X61s.pdf

On page 41 it clearly mentions 30, 40, and 60 GB 1.8" PATA drives in X60
laptops.  All the rest of the listed drives are 2.5" SATA drives.

Do note that an 'X60s' is a particular model.  Unfortunately it is easy
to confuse with the plural of X60.  Here is info about X60s and X60 side
by side:
http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=2701

Main difference was thickness (X60s was 0.28" thinner), and weight (X60s
started at 2.54 lbs vs 3.22 lbs).

The 1.8" option is also described in the review here:
http://arstechnica.com/reviews/hardware/x60.ars
and in the forum discussion:
http://episteme.arstechnica.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/174096756/m/778009828731/r/778009828731

Also note that the lightest model was a Japanese version, and that may
be the version that actually used the 1.8" drives.  It'd probably be
pretty rare to find one of those state-side, possibly imported by
Dynamism or a similar company.