[Thinkpad] Re: Moz 1.6 freezes Win98SE on TP600X

Andrew in Ann Arbor andrewaa at comcast.net
Tue May 25 11:07:58 CDT 2004

> Daily Mozilla freezes my system (392 mb RAM) requiring a cold boot.
> Can anyone give me insights into why and what do do?  It's so bad
> I am about to go back to IE
>
> Jeffrey Race

Jeffrey
I'm using Netscape 7.01 streamline (a trimmed down installation from
sillydog.org) which uses the Mozilla engine.
If you go to the browser archive <http://sillydog.org/narchive/> and
look about half way down you'll find a caution about Netscape and Win98:

"SillyDog701's note: if you are using Windows 98, please download
Netscape 7.02 instead. There's resource drainage issue with NS 7.1 in
Windows 98."

I don't know if the resource drain is caused by the Mozilla engine or
the Netscape shell but it seems like you might be having the problem I
mention.

My Netscape 7.01 installation freezes Win98 Lite once or twice a week
but I haven't really tried to troubleshoot it...

--
Andrew in Ann Arbor
technology is the answer, what was the question?